Can cucumber plants be boosted?

Cucumber boost challenge

Once you have decided to study at HAS University of Applied Sciences, you will need to prepare for your stay in the Netherlands. One of things you will need to take care of are the immigration formalities, such as applying for a Dutch entry visa or a Dutch residence permit.

Here you can find more information about the steps you will need to take before leaving home.

Entry Visa

To enter the Netherlands for study purposes, nationals from most NON-EU countries need an entry visa. An entry visa is a sticker which is placed in your passport at the Dutch Embassy or Consulate in your own country (or the country in which you legally reside), but it’s important to apply for it well in advance. This requirement does not apply to nationals from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea, USA and Vatican City.

Residence Permit

Once in the Netherlands, a residence permit is often required. It proves that you are residing legally in the Netherlands. You are obliged to obtain a residence permit if you are a citizen of a non-EU / EEA country and you would like to stay in the Netherlands for a period of more than three months. The resident permit allows you to travel to all Schengen countries and back to the Netherlands as often as you want, while it is still valid. A residence permit will generally be issued for the entire period of your study.


The visa and residence permit application is a combined procedure. The International Office of HAS University of Applied Sciences will apply for these documents on your behalf through a fast-track procedure.

It’s not possible to apply for this visa yourself.

Visa application

After your admission at HAS University of Applied Sciences, it is time to start your visa application. The International Office has developed a visa fact sheet where you can check whether you need a visa and/or residence permit. It also shows which steps you should take in order to apply for these documents.

Download the visa fact sheet below.


Please click here for more information about Monitoring Study Progress.