During your studies in the Netherlands you need to make sure you are well insured for:

  • health care,
  • 3rd-party liability,
  • personal accidents and
  • legal assistance.

Non-EU students

If you are a non-EU student, HAS University of Applied Sciences applies for an insurance that covers the items above on your behalf for the 1st year of your studies.

EU students

EU-students are recommended to check whether their current insurance covers their stay in the Netherlands and whether or not they need an additional insurance.

More about


Want to know more about insurances? Check out the website Study in Holland.

Study in Holland - Insurances


You can als find more information about studying and health insuranes in Holland on this website.

Studying and Health insurance